The draft conference programme is available on-line here
The conference will include a combination of new thinking from keynote speakers, Phill Dawson (Associate Professor at Deakin University, Australia) and Bruce Macfarlane (Professor of Higher Education at University of Bristol, England), presentations on current research and sharing of innovative practice will provide a high-quality forum for debate. Delegates are also invited to attend a series of Master Classes prior to the start of the conference on Wednesday 26 June 2019.
Experts in the field of assessment will be leading six parallel sessions:
- Emeritus Professor David Boud: Developing evaluative judgement within courses
- Emerita Professor Sally Brown: Making assessment work for you: Pragmatic ways of assessing students in large classes
- Professor David Carless: Developing staff and student feedback literacy in partnership
- Assoc. Professor Phill Dawson: Detecting contract cheating
- Professor Peter Hartley: Programme Assessment Strategies: Learning from a decade of PASS
- Assoc. Professor Geraldine O’Neil: Authentic Assessment: Concept, Continuum and Contested
We are also delighted to host the launch of two new publications at the conference. Designing effective feedback processes: A learning-focused approach by Naomi Winstone and David Carless and Innovative Assessment in Higher Education: A Handbook for Academic Practitioners Edited by Cordelia Bryan & Karen Clegg.