The conference will include a combination of new thinking from keynote speakers, Phill Dawson (Associate Professor at Deakin University, Australia) and Bruce Macfarlane (Professor of Higher Education at University of Bristol, England), presentations on current research and sharing of innovative practice will provide a high-quality forum for debate. Delegates are also invited to attend a series of Master Classes prior to the start of the conference on Wednesday 26 June 2019.
Experts in the field of assessment will be leading five parallel sessions:
- David Boud: Developing evaluative judgement within courses
- Sally Brown: Making assessment work for you: Pragmatic ways of assessing students in large classes
- David Carless: Developing staff and student feedback literacy in partnership
- Peter Hartley: Programme Assessment Strategies: Learning from a decade of PASS
- Geraldine O’Neil: Authentic Assessment: Concept, Continuum and Contested